- Greene King Facebook fans in London
- Harlequins supporters in the city
- spent by the average UK male on alcohol per year
- Promotional full livery taxi campaign with Greene King and Popcorn PR
- The cab travelled London, inviting passers by to tell their best “ale tales” in exchange for free beer
- The taxi appeared at sites such as Covent Garden and the Harlequins v Northampton rugby union match at Twickenham Stoop
- Greene King gave rugby fans the chance to win tickets to the ‘Pint with a Player’ evening featuring the Quins rugby stars
What’s the story, London Glory?
London Taxi Advertising teamed up with Popcorn PR and Greene King, with a week of promotional activity in the capital promoting the brewery’s metropolitan-inspired ale ‘London Glory’ to the public.
The London Glory full wrap taxi headed to locations such as Great Queen St in Covent Garden and Spitalfields before the activity culminated at the Harlequins versus Northampton Saints rugby union game at The Stoop, Twickenham.
Londoners were invited to hop into the cab to tell their best “ale tales” in exchange for free beer. Prompting brand engagement and trial, over 5,000 people sampled London Glory across the three days.
Those who visited the London Glory Taxi were rewarded with a free sample of ale in exchange for a social media post using the dedicated #whatsthestory hashtag which has reached over 300,000 people to date.
Rugby Union team Harlequins also joined forces with Greene King, with a fantastic competition giving away tickets to a ‘Pint with a Player’ evening with the Quins rugby stars themselves at a London pub later this year. The squad were also kind enough to pose with the taxi for a series of great PR shots!
The full wrap taxi advertising campaign was a fantastic way for Greene King to raise awareness of the new and improved London Glory British ale, gain publicity and reach a London-based audience in a unique and iconic way.