- visit San Diego each year
- fly from London airports each year
- of taxi journeys are in the busy city centre
- London taxi ads as part of a $10 million international marketing campaign with Visit the USA
- Coordinated with Think Zest and ebookers.com, promoting San Diego with superside advertisements
- Taxis based in central London and in major financial districts including Canary Wharf
- San Diego Tourism was able to reach its target demographic of affluent adults
This campaign with Think Zest and ebookers.com promoted sunny San Diego to a UK audience in the gloomy winter months
This superside ad campaign was coordinated between London Taxi Advertising, creative communications agency Think Zest and booking website ebookers.com. Promoting ebookers.com’s work with the San Diego Tourism Authority (SDTA), the cabs brought the California sunshine to London during the bleak British winter.
The taxi campaign was part of SDTA’s overall $10 million international marketing strategy, running for seven months across a range for platforms and in several countries. Taxi advertising was chosen as the desired format to reach a London audience due to the iconic reputation of the famous black cab.