- Pizza Express restaurants in Liverpool
- tourists visit the city each year
- of British wages spent on eating out
- Taxi campaign in Liverpool promoting Pizza Express’ new Hope Street restaurant
- Superside taxi ads in two colours attracting attention on the city’s streets
- High exposure campaign driving raising awareness of the new restaurant & its location
- Superside advertising is a cost-effective marketing method ideal for short term campaigns
Pizza Express opens new restaurant with cab campaign
London Taxi Advertising coordinated an effective taxi advertising campaign with world-famous global restaurant chain Pizza Express, renowned for its perfect pizza and Italian-inspired cuisine.
With a fantastic new premises opening opposite the Philharmonic Hall on Liverpool’s Hope Street, Pizza Express was looking to raise awareness of the new restaurant and encourage residents and tourists to visit the chain’s fourth restaurant in the city.
Looking for instant, guaranteed results in the lead up to opening day, Pizza Express opted for a high-impact taxi livery campaign, with superside advertisements on show across the city, reaching people of all ages and demographics in a busy urban environment.
With both sides of the taxi creative covered with Pizza Express branding, superside ads gave Pizza Express the opportunity to use black and white creatives to attract maximum attention to the campaign.
Superside advertising offers brands huge exposure in a cost-effective way, catching the eye of pedestrians and motorists as the cabs travel across the city. Over 75 million tourists visit Liverpool each year, meaning that the taxis were spotted by those actively seeking somewhere to eat out and enjoy a meal in a restaurant.
As well as targeting passengers on the streets of Merseyside, Pizza Express also opted to use interior tip seat advertising to reach those travelling around the city on board the taxis. This meant that those heading to the shops or one of Liverpool’s famous landmarks would be exposed to the eye-catching Pizza Express advertising.
The campaign was a roaring success, with Pizza Express Hope Street enjoying huge visitor numbers in its first few weeks of opening.